Public transport in Bucharest includes buses, trams, troleys operated by RATB and subway (metrou) operated by Metrorex. The big public transport network will take you wherever you want around the city.
Buses, trams and trolley buses operate - between 5:00am and 11:59pm.
If you want to get around the city with buses, trams or troley you should buy an RATB „Active Card” from the ticket kiosk at any bus stations.
Active Card - 4,7 Lei
One day pass - 8 Lei
Week days pass - 17 Lei
Two week pass - 25 Lei
If you dont need a pass you can charge with money (minimum 15 Lei) and pay 1,3 Lei for urban trip or 3,5 Lei for Express trip.
Travelers without a validated ticket must pay a 50 Lei ($15.00) penalty (Suprataxa). Tickets are interchangeable for the bus, tram and trolley bus, with the exception of express buses.
Subway is a fast way to travel around the city , there are 51 stations on 4 subway lines. Average time to wait for a train is 4 min.
Open hours : 5:00am to 11:00pm
2 trip pass -5 Lei
10 trip pass -10 Lei
One Week pass – 25 Lei
There are many taxi companies in Bucharest with prices from 1.39 Lei/km to 3.50 Lei/km , most common price is 1.39. We recommend to look carefully on the price mentioned on the taxi in order to avoid unwanted situations. We reccomand you to take only taxis called by order.
- 1. The taxi must have the prices displayed inside and outside on the door.
- 2. Ensure yourself that the taximeter is started at the begeneing of your trip.
- 3. Order a taxi with taxi app or by phone.
- 4. If you are asked to pay more than you think you should ask the driver for the receipt.
- 5. At night try to ask the price before you start the trip just to be shure you will not have any problems.